Hello everyone, I am looking for some assistance and I am hoping that you or someone you know would be interested in getting a few weeks of great massages while at the same time helping me out with a massage study I am very interested in running.
Many of you know that I have been using brain wave music for the past year and have fully enjoyed how relaxed and refreshed I have felt after using it. Six months ago I began using the same brain wave music for some of my clients while they were receiving a standard relaxation massage. I was not shocked at the results after the massage but the clients were. Clients described how much more relaxed and clear minded they were after the massage but also how much more they were able to relax and really be in the moment during massage. So many clients said that normally it takes them some time at the beginning of a massage to really forget the outside world and all life's little stresses. With the brain wave music they were able to relax immediately and enjoy the whole massage, not just a part of it.
One client explained that it was the first time they had been able to forget everything and really enjoy the massage. No longer were so many thoughts pin balling around inside their head at the beginning of the massage. They were able to just disappear into the warmth of the table and shut down right away.
A second client called me days later to tell me how relaxed they still were and how wonderful the music and the massage were together.
With so many of my clients experiencing how great the brain wave music and massage were I was shocked to find that studies on the effects of massage and brain wave music are few and far between. Most of the information I have been able to find were people referencing advertisements they had read about the music itself, not a combination of the brain wave music and massage. I was unable to find any specific studies actually published. I always knew that I wanted to do a study on this subject, but I never realized how few studies had actually been done. So here I go, I am going to jump into the world of science with both feet and see what happens. Since this will be the first study I will be conducting on this subject I would like to keep it simple and very straight forward.
What I am looking for is about 20 people for a preliminary study that I will be conducting in May 2011 on the effects of brain wave music and massage. This study is what is called a base line study. I will be using the information from this study to launch a larger study later this year.
1) The study will be 6 weeks long with you getting one massage each week for a total of 6 weeks. What would be the best option for the both of us would be to schedule at the same time each week for those same six weeks. No times are off limits for this. My doors will be open to you and your schedule, so please feel free to ask for any time.
2) The study will entail a 60 minute full body Swedish massage using brain wave music delivered through a headset of your liking. I have over the ear, on top of the ear, or in the ear headsets.
3) As a thank you for helping me out I am reducing the price of the massage by $15 for a total price of $30 per massage. My hope is that with these first few studies I will be able to approach health organizations who offer grants for any further massage studies that I will offer therefore making the need to charge at all possibly unnecessary.
4) There will be a simple questionnaire to be filled out each week for tracking purposes. This questionnaire will be a mental and physical questionnaire on how you are feeling overall throughout the 6 weeks.
5) All information on the individual clients will be held as strictly confidential. I will be using standard HIPAA regulations. All clients will receive a number that they will use for tracking purposes and all clients will have access to their own results once the study is over.
So if you are interested in being part of the future or even just looking for a great massage at a reduced rate :) call me. Either way, this will be fun and exciting.
- Brian Hicks Licensed Massage Therapist
- My goal as a Licensed Massage Therapist is to provide you with more than just relaxation and stress relief. I focus on helping relieve pain and muscle tightness by working to align your body back to its natural posture and help increase the body's full range of movement through various forms of soft tissue massage, deep tissue massage and energy work. I also am deeply committed to fully understanding your individual needs so we can work together toward a positive outcome. My clients often comment that they’ve never had a massage therapist spend so much time talking and asking questions prior to a massage, that its refreshing to know that I really do care and want to know exactly how they are feeling or how they actually injured themselves. No two people are alike, which is why no two massages I give are the same. I customize my work to create the best possible results for each of my clients.