About Me

My goal as a Licensed Massage Therapist is to provide you with more than just relaxation and stress relief. I focus on helping relieve pain and muscle tightness by working to align your body back to its natural posture and help increase the body's full range of movement through various forms of soft tissue massage, deep tissue massage and energy work. I also am deeply committed to fully understanding your individual needs so we can work together toward a positive outcome. My clients often comment that they’ve never had a massage therapist spend so much time talking and asking questions prior to a massage, that its refreshing to know that I really do care and want to know exactly how they are feeling or how they actually injured themselves. No two people are alike, which is why no two massages I give are the same. I customize my work to create the best possible results for each of my clients.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Carrabba's Bread Dipping Spice...Juat add Olive Oil!

Ok guys, this recipe has been floating all around the web for years.  I of course happen to think that Carrabba's is a really good restaurant but I must say that my guilty pleasure when going there is the Bread and spiced dipping oil.  So when I found this recipe I was in heaven!  Ok, so we are not sure if this is EXACTLY their recipe, but it is very close and tastes great!

As always I give you a few options to think about with each recipe.  The oil and lemon in the ingredients list is a give or take.  It of course tastes good with or without the lemon but with the lemon and oil it is tough to make this exact recipe and keep for a future date.  If you plan on making a large batch and using over time leave the wet ingredients until later. 

***Now here is the bonus that I have not seen on other recipe lists.  I have the actual brand of olive oil that as of 2011 Carrabba's was using for their bread dipping oil recipe.  The brand that they are using is La Rambla Olive Oil.  So look around for it at your local super market or you can order it online.  This way you can have that as close to real Carrabba's dipping oil flavor every time!

Let me know how close you think it is!


Carrabba's Bread Dipping Spice

Ingredient List
  • 1 tablespoon minced basil
  • 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Italian is best)
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt or ½ teaspoon ground sea salt
  • ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
  • ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • ½ teaspoon olive oil
  • 18 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Directions:

  1. Combine all of the ingredients, EXCEPT oil and lemon.
  2. Put in a small food processor (I used my little food chopper). Chop briefly until all ingredients are about the same.
  3. Stir in oil and lemon juice.
  4. TO SERVE: Combine about 1 1/2 teaspoons spice blend to 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil on a small Dish.
  5. Dip sliced bread in mixture.
  6. French bread is good.
  7. ENJOY.

4 comments:

  1. Just wondering which of the La Rambla Extra Virgin Olive Oils that you used? Arbequina, Cornicoabra, Organic, Picual, or Coupage Fusion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to my local supermarket I was unable to find this particular brand and I needed to to buy the oil that day so I went with an extra virgin olive oil. As for what the La Rambla from the Carrabbas, it was Arbequina extra virgin Olive oil. Thanks for asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did check it out and it is the Special Coupage oil and you can order it at http://www.gauchogourmet.com/5013SP/LA+RAMBLA+Extra+Virgin+Olive+Oil+SPECIAL+COUPAGE+FUSION+25.5+oz.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to carraba's and bought a 5 litre bottle of their olive oi , it was 30$ cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete