As always I give you a few options to think about with each recipe. The oil and lemon in the ingredients list is a give or take. It of course tastes good with or without the lemon but with the lemon and oil it is tough to make this exact recipe and keep for a future date. If you plan on making a large batch and using over time leave the wet ingredients until later.
***Now here is the bonus that I have not seen on other recipe lists. I have the actual brand of olive oil that as of 2011 Carrabba's was using for their bread dipping oil recipe. The brand that they are using is La Rambla Olive Oil. So look around for it at your local super market or you can order it online. This way you can have that as close to real Carrabba's dipping oil flavor every time!
Let me know how close you think it is!
Carrabba's Bread Dipping Spice
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Italian is best)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or ½ teaspoon ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients, EXCEPT oil and lemon.
- Put in a small food processor (I used my little food chopper). Chop briefly until all ingredients are about the same.
- Stir in oil and lemon juice.
- TO SERVE: Combine about 1 1/2 teaspoons spice blend to 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil on a small Dish.
- Dip sliced bread in mixture.
- French bread is good.